The ELC Controllers come in four basic styles - 10 I/O, 12 I/O, 14 I/O or 12 I/O with combinations of the following.
- High speed pulse capture and high speed pulse output on all controllers
- Large module selection AC/DC in, Relay/Transistor out
- Large analog selection of Analog in, out, combined, Thermocouple, RTD, and Platinum.
- Over 240 instructions to choose from: Floating point math,
communications, hex, decimal, octal, BCD, ASCII conversion, 1, 4, 8, 16,
32, bit manipulations, logical, block move, block compare, retentive
data storage, time base from clock/calendar.
- 2 Modbus (ASCII or RTU) serial ports: 1- slave only, 1 master/slave
- Network communications on Modbus TCP, DeviceNet, and Profibus.
- ELC controller can be wired for remote I/O communications (except the 14 I/O model).
ELC Digital I/O Expansion modules provide the correct amount and
type of I/O for application solutions. Users can choose 4, 8 or 16 I/O
with different combinations of AC and DC input and Relay and Transistor
output. Any number of expansion modules can be added to an ELC
controller to create up to 256 I/O. In addition to the Digital I/O
Expansion modules, specialty modules like Analog in, Analog out,
Platinum Temperature and Thermocouple Temperature are also available.
ELC Communication Modules
The ELC communication modules are used to link ELC controllers to
networks such as DeviceNet and PROFIBUS-DP. These modules provide more
flexibility, allowing the ELC to share information with other devices on