Two-Hand Control Monitoring
The stamping machine shown in this application presents a hazard to
the operator should he come in contact with the moving parts during
operation. A safeguarding solution must be put in place that guarantees
the operator will remain a safe distance away from the machine while it
is in use.
A two-hand control safeguarding system will prevent the
operator from approaching the machine while a hazard is present. The
machine cycle will begin only when the operator touches both
Self-Checking Touch Buttons (STBs) within half a second of each other
and will continue operation only as long as both hand controls are
actuated, thereby assuring that the operator will remain at the control
station while the machine is in use.
The diverse-redundant, self-checking design of the STBs will detect an
internal safety-critical circuit fault and prevent machine operation.
The AT-FM-10K self-checking two-hand control module provides further
assurance of machine safety. Combining the Self-Checking Touch Buttons
with a two-hand control module achieves maximum safety level EN 574
(type IIIC) two-hand control system.
NOTE: This safety solution only protects the machine operator. Other
safety devices need to be in place to protect other workers in the area.
Ergonomic and robust solution for two-hand control actuation and
safeguarding when interfaced with DUO-TOUCH SG Two-Hand Control Modules.
Accessories include floor and free-mounting stand, EZ-LIGHT indicators
and optional mounting brackets.
Click to view the DUO-TOUCH Run Bar specification sheet in *.pdf format
- Provides a convenient and economical means for two-hand control
actuation when interfaced with DUO-TOUCH SG Two-Hand Control Modules or
comparable control systems
- Offers ergonomic design for reduced hand, wrist and arm stress
- Constructed of robust, 13-gauge cold-rolled steel
- Includes two diverse-redundant microcontroller-based photoelectric
STB optical touch buttons with continuous internal self-checking
- Provides immunity to ambient light, EMI and RFI interference
- Uses high excess gain to cut through heavy contamination
- Offers model with emergency stop button
- Features bright LED power, output and fault indicators on STBs
- Offers optional telescoping stands and brackets
- Provides knockouts for wiring flexibility and installation of accessory EZ-LIGHT indicators
- Offers choice of models with terminal strip connection or 8-pin Mini-style quick-disconnect
- Meets ANSI B11.19 and ISO 13851 (EN574) standards