Application:Two-Hand Control Monitoring (four output contacts)
To monitor an operator's two-hand control station, using a module with four redundant output contacts
The two-hand control safety module ensures that the cycle
begins and runs only when the operator touches both Self-Checking Touch
Buttons (STBs) within half a second. The module is also compatible with
existing mechanical palm buttons. It has inputs for one pair of operator
buttons and four 6-amp safety outputs, as well as auxiliary outputs.
- Modules work with Banner STB self-checking touch buttons or can be
retrofitted with existing mechanical palm buttons to create a complete,
ergonomic two-hand control system.
- To ensure reliability, modules have a diverse-redundant
microcontroller circuit and multiple redundant, force-guided
(mechanically linked) output contacts.
- Anti-tiedown logic requires that both touch buttons are activated within one-half second of each other.
- Ac and dc voltages are available: 24V ac/dc, 115V ac/24V dc or 230V ac/24V dc.
- Modules are available with two or four normally open (NO) safety outputs.
- Non-safety auxiliary outputs are available on some models.
- Modules meet Safety Category 4 per ISO 13849-1 (EN 954-1) and functional Type IIIC two-hand control per EN 574.
- Removable terminal blocks allow convenient wiring and exchange of modules without rewiring.
- Optional mute inputs allow release of actuating buttons during the non-hazardous portion of the machine cycle.
- Available kits include module and two STB touch buttons.
- STB touch buttons are far more ergonomic than mechanical and difficult-to-activate capacitive buttons.