The 10250T 30.5 mm pushbutton line features a zinc die cast construction with chrome-plated housing and mounting nut. The same durable construction is also available with the corrosive resistant E34 line of pushbuttons. (See E34 section)
- Heavy-duty zinc die cast construction
- Enclosed silver contacts with reliability nibs
- Diaphragm seals with drainage holes
- Grounding nibs on the operator casing
Eatons Cutler-Hammer® contact blocks feature enclosed silver contacts with pointed "reliability nibs" for reliable performance from logic level up to 600V. To ensure reliable switching, nibs bite through oxide which can form on silver contacts, eliminating the need for expensive logic level blocks for most applications.
Reliability nibs improve performance in dry circuit, corrosive, fine dust and other contaminated atmospheres. Under normal environmental conditions, the minimum operational voltage is 5V and the minimum operational current is 1 mA, AC/DC. For operation under a wider range of environmental conditions, logic level contact blocks with inert palladium tipped contacts are recommended.
Diaphragm Seal with Drainage Holes
Eaton Cutler-Hammer pushbutton operators offer front of panel drainage via holes in the operator bushing. Hidden from view by the mounting nut, these holes prevent buildup of liquid inside the operator, which can prevent operation in freezing environments. The holes also provide a route for escaping liquid in high pressure washdowns, effectively relieving pressure from the internal diaphragm seal, ensuring reliable sealing in applications even beyond NEMA 4.
10250T line operators have "grounding nibs" four metal points on the operator casting designed to bite through most paints and other coatings on metal panels to enhance the ground connection when the operator is securely tightened.
- Reliability nibs improve contact reliability even under dry circuit and fine dust conditions
- Drainage holes prevent buildup of liquid inside the operator which can prevent operation in freezing environments
- Grounding nibs bit through paint and other coatings to provide secure ground
Slow make and break. All normally closed contacts have positive opening operation, i.e., normally closed contacts are forced open in the event of contact weld or spring breakage.
Standards and Certifications
- CE EN60947-5-1
- UL 508 - File No. 131568
- CSA C22.2 No. 14 - File No. LR68551