Eaton Cutler-Hammer® 22.5 mm Industrial Heavy-Duty Pushbutton line offers a wide array of functional, smartly styled illuminated and nonilluminated pushbuttons, selector switches, push-pulls, alternate action and twist-to-release operators. The complete line also includes transformer, full voltage, resistor, LED or neon light units.
E22 operators are available with either a traditional chrome or matte black frontof-panel appearance. The space-saving design and modular construction of the E22 line makes on-the-job assembly fast and simplifies the stocking of both components and complete devices.
Eaton Cutler-Hammer EM22 Metal Series is a rugged line of metal construction 22.5 mm pushbutton devices. They are an extension of the industrially proven E22 Heavy-Duty Double Insulated 22.5 mm pushbutton family. EM22 operators are heavy-duty zinc die-cast construction plated with a corrosion resistant chromate finish. Operators are complete with a very durable chrome plated metal bezel. Indicating light units in the EM22 Series feature smartly styled round lenses that enhance their appearance and brightness.
All EM22 operators are compatible with existing E22 contact blocks, light units, accessories and enclosures. EM22 metal operators and indicating lights are grounded when mounted to metal panels through the toothed mounting nut. They are not grounded when mounted to plastic panels.
- Heavy-duty oiltight construction
- Chrome metal or black nylon bezels
- Snap-lock contact block mounting
- Heavy-duty zinc die-cast construction
- Metal mounting nut doubles as grounding and anti-rotation device
- Chrome-plated metal bezel (matte black not available)
Common E22 & EM22 Features:
- Reliability nibs on contact blocks
- Plain or notched hole mounting
- Direct opening action normally closed contacts
- Fingerproof terminals
- Modular construction makes assembly fast and simplifies stocking of components and complete devices
- Reliability nibs provide positive contact through light, medium or heavy loads
- Chrome finish and plastic construction are corrosion resistant
- EM22 is backwards compatible with E22 operators
- Metal mounting nut cuts through painted surfaces to provide proper grounding
- Hands-free front of panel mounting reduces installation cost
- Mounting flexibility reduces installation cost, time and inventory
- Stands up well in corrosive environments
- E22 and EM22 compatibility lowers parts count and inventory requirements
Contact Block Operation
Linear make and break. All normally closed (NC) contacts are Direct Opening Action, i.e., NC contacts are physically forced open by direct linkage with the pushbutton operator in the unlikely event of contact weld. The contact block contacts are provided with "Reliability Nibs". The precisely shaped point of the nib, coined on the silver contact alloy, penetrates dust, film oxide layers and other contaminants. This improves contact reliability even under dry circuit and fine dust conditions. Logic level contact blocks are available for low power switching - minimum 1 mA @ 5V DC.
Standards and Certifications
- CE EN 60947-5-1
- UL 508 - File No. E131568
- CSA - File No. LR68551