Freedom Series NEMA 3-Phase Reversing Starter - 480 Volt Coil
Eaton Cutler-Hammer Freedom Series NEMA 3-Phase Reversing Starter - 480 Volt Coil
The Eaton Cutler-Hammer Freedom Series contactors and starters are available from NEMA Size 00-8 and feature a compact space-saving design, state-of-the-art technology and the latest in high strength, impact and temperature resistant insulating materials. Freedom Series contactors and starters are available in a variety of control system voltages.
Freedom Family Features
- A single family of contactors and starters suitable for application in both the IEC and NEMA markets. "Two lines, One family" - the best of both worlds.
- Adjustable Bimetallic Ambient Compensated Overload relays with interchangeable heater packs - available in three basic sizes, covering applications up to 900 hp - reducing the number of different contactor/overload relay combinations that have to be stocked. Fixed heater overloads are optional.
- A full line of snap-on accessories common to both IEC and NEMA devices - top and side mounted auxiliary contacts, solid-state and pneumatic timers, etc.
- Straight-through wiring - line lugs at top, load lugs at bottom.
- Horizontal or vertical mounting on upright panel for application freedom.
- Screw type power terminals have captive, backed-out self-lifting pressure plates with screws - reduced wiring time.
- Accessible terminals for easy wiring. Optional fingerproof shields available to prevent electrical shock.
- Top located coil terminals convenient and readily accessible. 45 mm contactor magnet coils have three terminals, permitting either top or diagonal wiring - easy to replace European or U.S. style starters or contactors without changing wiring layout
- Encapsulated dual voltage/frequency magnet coils - permanently marked with voltage, frequency, and part number. NEMA Sizes 00-0 have non-encapsulated coils as standard.
Freedom NEMA contactors and starters are designed to NEMA standards and are extremely rugged products and built for any application. Their long electrical/mechanical life is extended through easy maintainability.
- Meets and exceeds all NEMA, UL, and CSA standards.
- UL listed: UL File #E1491, Guide #NLDX - Open and NEMA 1, 4, 12 Enclosed
- CSA Certified: CSA File #LR353, Class #321104 Open and NEMA 1 Enclosed
- Sized based on standard NEMA classifications.
- Designed and built for a variety of demanding applications.
- Easy coil change and inspectable/ replaceable contacts.
- Adjustable/interchangeable heater packs for flexibility.
Certified Type 2 Coordination
Eaton's Freedom Series IEC starters and NEMA starters are now UL Certified to achieve IEC 947 Type 2 coordination against 100,000 A short circuit fault currents. Any brand of properly selected fuse can be used. Type 2 coordination means that the starter will be suitable for further use following a short circuit fault.