Veeder-Root hubodometers are used to record distance or area covered by rolling stock, primarily commercial Over-The-Road trailers, large buses and agricultural equipment.
They record every revolution in either direction. The design uses a counterbalance to prevent orbiting (which could stop measurement or undercount the distance) ensuring accurate counts at high speeds or rough terrain.
- Records every revolution in both directions
- Hermetically sealed with inert gas and double o-ring protection
- Precision shaft supported front and rear with needle bearings
- Specified by revolution per mile/kilometer - not just tire size
- 300,000 mile/500,000 kilometer warranty (no time limit)
- Unique counterbalance design prevents orbiting - even on rough roads
- Magnifying crystal enlarges digits and angles up for easier reading
- Speed: 1,000 RPM maximum
- Warranty: 300,000 miles or 500,000 kilometers
- Size of Figures: 0.187 in. high by 0.125 in. wide (4.75mm x 3.18mm)
- Color of Figures: Tenths wheel is red on white; other wheels are white on black
- Mounting: 0.500-20 UNF 2A threaded integral mounting stud
- Construction: Case: die-cast zinc; Figure Wheel, Pinion and Gears: acetal resin; Crystal: polycarbonate resin; Needle Bearings: steel; Main Shaft: hardened steel